Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Spirit of Life


The Spirit of Life


There is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit….Romans 8:1

The law of the Spirit of Life in Christ makes you free from the law of sin and death.  The laws of the old did not work because the flesh was and still is weak. God sent Jesus Christ in the likeness of sinful flesh to condemn sin.  We must not seek after the things of this world, but seek those things from up above.

To walk after the flesh and things of this world is the road to death and destruction.  Walking after the things of God equals life and peace.  People walk around all day sometimes in a whirlwind, not knowing what to do or how to make it right.  They that are after the Spirit they mind the things of the Spirit.  So, they that are after the flesh and the things of this world cannot please God.  These things that I have written are so simple, we as people make it so difficult.

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.  Now if any man have not the Spirit of God, he is none of his.” Romans 8:9

You must be saved and have the Holy Spirit before any manifestation of those things you want to come to pass.  You just wait of the Lord to bless you.  Wait on the Lord to hear what he has for you to do.  Lots of People go out on their own to try and make things happen.  No, just wait on the Lord.  You won’t miss anything if it’s for you.  The Lord is not going to give you something that you can’t handle. 

Likewise the Spirit in you also makes intercessions for you with groaning that no one can understand.  God searches the heart and he knows the mind of the Spirit that is in you and this is all according to the will of God.  There are those who are called by God or drawn to Jesus by God knowing that all things work together for good of those who love God, according to His will.  If God be for you, who could be against you?

Understand this: there is nothing under the sun, or in this world that can separate you from the love of God, if you have the Spirit of God in you.

During my traveling around and I came across some people, I found that people really don’t have the Spirit of God.  They really don’t know what it is to be saved and converted.  The scripture says that we MUST be converted and become like little children to enter the Kingdom of God.  So what is wrong with that simple thing that is asked of us?  We were created before the foundations of the world.  All God wants is for us to return.  In order to do that, we must lay down our life to Christ and be obedient to what he says.

Remember I said that people make it hard, well it really isn’t.  I have come to know and understand the task of doing it and it came easy I guess because I wanted to lay down my life.  I remembered the sin I was in and He saved me from the death and destructed path I was walking.  When I read that the path I was on was to hell, I straightened up quick.  My sins may not have be the worse of the bunch, but sin is sin to God no matter how big or small.  Just to let you know, the weight of sin I was carrying got lifted.  Crying out, wanting out of bondage to sin, on my knees, Jesus Christ saved me.  My life is totally changed.  There is peace with everything because I gave it all. 

This is the Spirit of Life.  Walking with the Lord and being obedient to his commandments is such a joy.  The Spirit of God is in me and there is great peace with it.  Just going to church, reading and hearing the Word is not enough.  There must be the receiving of His Spirit that’s going to make you whole.  You must do His will.  Every day before you get your day started, Give the Lord a little time and praise Him for who he is and what he does for you all the time.  With his Spirit he is always there.  He will never leave of or forsake you.  There are so many promises that the Lord has for you, but you must be obedient to his will. 

He will certainly open up the gates of heaven and pour out some blessings to you.  A lot of people think that they are being blessed by all the things that they have.  God don’t like the proud but the humble.  Anyway, it’s not the material things that your eyes should be on but the things of heaven.  Someone told me that when they stand before God they stand alone.  I certainly would like to stand alone but right with God and not wrong.  It’s about the giving up of yourself and what your desires are and want the Spirit of God.

I challenge you all to do just that and see how your life turns out. 

O generations of vipers, how can ye being evil; or else speak good things?  for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”   A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.  Matthews 12:34-35




No comments:

Post a Comment