Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Be Not Discouraged


How does one get from under the bondage of “discouragement”?  I believe everyone some time in their lives have been right  there…. discouraged!


Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

 We sometimes walk around in a daze not knowing what to do, where to go, who to talk to.  How do I deal with this trial today?  I need to come from under this spell this problem has me in.  Well, what I found out is that you have to leave it at the Cross.  You must give it all to the Lord.  When you have a relationship with the Lord, He wants you to give all your cares to Him. 

I can remember when my husband and I didn’t have jobs or health insurance and he needed an operation.  How discouraging was that?  How was he to get better?  If he didn’t get this operation the doctors said that he would be paralyzed within a few years.  Well, we went to the Lord with that issue and gave it to Him.  We prayed and asked the Lord to take care of it.  And in time, the job came, then the insurance came, the operation happened and now he’s walking just fine. 

One thing I know about God, if you do not have Faith you cannot please Him.  Trust and Faith go hand in hand. 
        
Proverbs 3:5-6
5  Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding, 6  In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

Therefore, I urge you to take God at his word and Trust in the Lord!  Do not conform to the ways of this old world and be in bondage of discouragement.  Renew your mind; change the way you do things…do not try on your own to understand anything and give it all to the Lord.  TRUST HIM!      It  works! 

He’s Awesome!


Ms. Ellie's Blog
Trulybornagain


No comments:

Post a Comment